Giving Through Jefferson Community Foundation
JCF is your guide to charitable giving.
Being mindful of your philanthropic aspirations helps you make informed decisions and generate the impact you want with your philanthropy. The team at JCF can help you design a plan for the legacy you want to build using some of the following steps.
- Articulate your aims and objectives. These should be personal and reflect your values, passions, and beliefs.
- Be clear about your values and beliefs so you can concentrate your giving on what matters to you. JCF helps craft personal philanthropic mission statements.
- Focus on what really matters to you, and why? Has one particular cause had a huge impact in your life? Do you want to give to less well-supported causes? Do you feel an affinity with a certain mission, for example animals, mental health or childhood education?
Develop a Strategy
- Decide how you want to give. Do you want to tackle the root causes or alleviate the symptoms? What resources are available to you now and in the long term? Do you want to give a one-off grant, multi-year funding or ongoing annual support?
- Think about the types of organizations you want to support. Would you like to support a small but innovative nonprofit which is just getting started, or an established one which has effective programs in place but needs more funding?
- Do you want to be known? Are you ok with beneficiaries having your name and address or would you prefer to remain an anonymous donor? Many people choose to do their charitable giving through JCF so they can remain anonymous.
Choose Your Grantees
- It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the number of nonprofits in Jefferson County. It’s even easier to feel paralyzed by the size of the challenge some of those nonprofits, and society at large, face. JCF understands the nonprofit landscape here and can share current information about their work, results, and funding opportunities.