- The fund is dedicated to organizations that are working to meet immediate needs as well as long term recovery efforts.
- A group of community members review proposals from local organizations and make recommendations for grants.
- While donations being made by credit card are charged a fee by the credit card company, JCF will charge no fees for donations to the fund.
- JCF is committed to complete transparency related to the fund and is willing to share financial information upon request.
To ensure funding decisions are informed by deep local knowledge, JCF assembled an esteemed Grants Committee, comprised of community-minded, seasoned professionals, to review and respond to proposals and direct funds. Members include:
- Meredith Wagner, the former Executive Director of the Jefferson County Rural Library District
- Kathleen Kler, the former Jefferson County Commissioner District No. 3
- Jean Baldwin, a former Public Health Nurse, and the former Jefferson County Public Health Director
- Rose Lincoln Hamilton, the former President & CEO of the Greater Tacoma Community Foundation, and the current Chair of the Jefferson Community Foundation Board of Directors